Thursday, September 3, 2015

Exciting changes!!

 
Hi, friends!
 
I am so excited to tell you about changes that are happening in my life in the next few months!  To save you time, here’s the skinny:  1. I’ve been hired as a Director of Ministries at Immerse Discipleship!   2. I need to raise my own salary – will you help me?

I’ve been working with Immerse for over two years in a volunteer capacity.  In January, I realized I needed to make a choice: either cut back on my Immerse activities or seriously consider a change of vocation. I love my current job as an Academic Coach at Capella University!  It would take something pretty amazing to entice me to leave.   But after prayer, counsel and planning I believe it’s time to take the plunge!
 
Here’s why this organization has captured my time and passion: Immerse’s mission is to Serve the Body of Christ so that it can be as Mature, Healthy and Effective as possible.  This type of growth takes time and unfettered investment in the life of an individual. We believe that people are worth it!  The learning, growth and individual transformation I’ve seen in those who’ve gone through Immerse resounds deeply with my own spiritual DNA. Helping the Body of Christ ‘grow up’, ‘wake up’ and ‘come alive’ is the calling on my life.  This job is more than a fit, it’s my next God-given assignment.

Each of Immerse’s goals of “Mature, Healthy, and Effective” are an individual track one could participate in. I have been hired to work as the Director of the “Effective track”. My job description is pretty big; here‘s what I’m excited about.

Leader Collaboration:  Leader Collaborative Groups are 8 week groups that provide a place for leaders from churches across the Twin Cities to connect, invest in their spiritual growth, learn from one another and gain new tools. The prayer, discussion and practice times have been incredibly powerful during our summer group.  While I am sad to see our group conclude, I am look forward to refining this group process as we launch another Leader Collaborative in the spring of 2016.

Equipping and Training:  This track will be launching in one month! I will be helping build up and grow all leaders serving in Immerse. My goal for these amazing people is that they will become more aware of their gifts and the calling on their life as they experience the life changing power of God.

Prayer Resolution:  This one is my heart, y'all. Prayer Resolution is a tool that helps a person bring their hurts, traumas, and unhealthy patterns to their Heavenly Father and find freedom and resolution! God has used this tool to change my life in dramatic ways and I am beyond thrilled to use this tool in a "full time" capacity.  I will be focusing tow weeks out of every month on just Prayer Resolution sessions.
 


Questions? 
I'd love to connect with you

This is my new day job!  I am not sure it is possible to be more excited than I am right now. Will you partner with me to make this a long term reality?  Any amount is helpful, especially if you can partner with me financially on a monthly basis.  Your donation is tax deductible and can be set up online in less time than it takes to read this letter.  You can also use the form below to send in donations. Not able to give?  I would love your prayer support as well!

*please add my name in the special instructions section
See below for more info!
 

 
 
Melissa Lundquist

Director of Ministries
Immerse Discipleship
 
 
 
"Serving the global Body of Christ so that it can be as Mature, Healthy and Effective as possible."
 

Thanks for your support!
 
 
Here’s a couple of ways you can participate:


 

Send me an email to sign up for prayer requests and updates!
Meljlundquist@gmail.com
 



 
1.       Go to www.immersediscipleship.com

2.       Click donate

3.       Enter the amount, 

4.       Check the “Make This Recurring” Button (if applicable). Sign in to Pay Pal.

5.       Once you sign into PayPal, click the ”Add Special Instruction”. Write "Melissa Lundquist" in that field.

 
 


  



Please send donations with the form below to Immerse’s Treasurer, Kathleen Christopher.

Please include my name on the memo line. Thanks!
 
 


Kathleen Christopher          Your Info here:                                               This is a :
Immerse Discipleship          Name: ________________________      ___ One time donation 
1971 Carl Street                 Address:  ______________________     ___ Monthly support
Lauderdale, MN 55113                       ______________________
 
                                          Donation Amount $______________




No comments:

Post a Comment